Facilitators have the role of supporting a group in their productivity and creativity. They place the focus on creating optimal conditions for the group (the container). They help the group to take important steps on their way (the process) and create a transition (the transfer).
In this way, a Facilitator is able to create meetings and workshops, which can be characterized in the following ways:
- interaction (a culture of questions, dialogues and conversations),
- participation (everyone is involved),
- responsibility (all participants take on the responsibility for the end results),
- trust (creating an atmosphere of openness and safety)
- and commitment (action-oriented adherence to the next steps).
We call this „Hosting“.
Visualizers take on the role of supporting interaction between participants and encouraging group intelligence. They do so simultaneously and in real-time. They also „harvest“, alongside with other roles in the process. In addition to visuals, further documentation of the results emerge in the form of texts, stories, websites, photos…
We call this „Harvesting“.